We are primarily a rails shop (part nodejs) with postgres/postgis, mongodb and redis at database layer and leverage AWS via chef for infrastructure. We value and follow agile methodologies like scrum, code reviews, extensive test suite, continuous integration, frequent deployments. We strive to follow best coding practices but are also open to change if someone comes up with an idea applicable to our use case.
Who are we looking for?
We are primarily looking for a full stack web developer who has experience in Ruby on Rails backend and HTML/CSS, Jquery frontend stack. We expect the candidate to have following technical requirements
- Should have at least 3 years experience in developing web applications using Ruby On Rails
- Should have proficient knowledge in Rspec testing framework. Should be able to implement automated testing platforms and unit tests
- Should be familiar with bundler, rake
- Should have working experience in Postgres and MongoDb
- Should have working experience in deploying and maintaining servers on AWS using chef
- Should have good knowledge of Linux operating system
- Should have good understanding of fundamental design principles behind a scalable application
- Good understanding of Git. Knowledge of Circle Ci will be a plus
- Working experience in Android will be a big plus
- Working experience with agile methodologies will be a plus
If that’s you, your responsibilities will be
- Design and develop overall architecture of the web application
- Implementation of a robust set of services and APIs to power the web application.
- Develop modular, readable, reusable code and unit-tested code and components
- Working closely with the Product/Ops team to get the product specification and converting it to a tech specification
- Management of hosting environment, including database administration and scaling an application to support load changes
- Ensure quality of the deliverable and adoption of development best practices and methodologies. Review code of other developers in the team.
- Creation of database schemas that represent and support business processes along with data migrations, transformations and scripting required
- Implement automated unit tests and integration tests
- Design and develop UI/UX elements for frontend. Also transform complex wireframes into the visual elements
- Monitoring web application for bugs and implementing fixes quickly
What you can expect from us
- Compensation on par with best in the Industry
- Fun-loving, motivated coworkers who you would love working with
- An environment where you are encouraged to question, experiment, take risk and push the envelope.
- Opportunity and resources to do your best work and pursue your dreams
Please apply along with a latest resume and a link to your project portfolio or github profile if you would like to discuss this role further. You can still apply if you don’t satisfy some of the requirements but understand that it is going to be a very challenging role.
Note : We prefer candidates who can join us immediately or ones with short notice period.