Cognatus Platform Technologies Pvt. Ltd., subsidiary of Loop Platform Ltd., an Irish company, is looking to hire a Software Development Team Lead.
The Team Lead will report directly to the Development Director. This role is a 70% development role. The Team Lead is responsible for organizing and chairing all meetings and organizational activities as pertaining to the agile methodology. The Team Lead will organize sprint planning, daily stand-ups, retrospectives, and post-mortem meetings. Additional responsibilities will include goal setting, quarterly reviews, and continuous education of the team.
Loop Platform is a Microsoft house and operates under the Microsoft Solution Framework Team Model. It will be the responsibility of the team lead to understand and inculcate values such as: shared vision, a customer focused mind-set, a product mind-set, a zero-defect mind-set, and a willingness to learn in all members of the team.
The ideal candidate will have a proven track record of leading teams to a final product, possess a passion for Microsoft technologies and processes, as well as be courageous in defending quality over quick delivery.
Loop is a high trust and high shenanigans culture. Casual clothes, flexible hours, bi-monthly moral event (minimum!), remote work (with manager approval), nerf guns, free drinks, naps allowed, and top notch co-workers.
Decision making as to process, technical matters, and design are delegated to the developers within some high level guidelines. The entire executive team is composed of ex-developers and after witnessing all the ways in which software companies fail at empowering their developers, we wanted to build the sort of company we would want to work for ourselves.
- Create and integrate features for our enterprise software solution using the latest .NET technologies.
- Write web services, business objects, and other middle tier framework using the .NET framework.
- Use Microsoft’s tools and technologies to extend and improve the functionality of our product.
- Communicate with team members to clarify requirements and overcome obstacles to meet the team goals.
- Leverage open source and other technologies and languages outside of the .NET framework should the need arise, and autonomously be able to make use of those decisions.
- Develop cutting edge solutions to maximize the performance, scalability, and distributed processing capabilities of the system.
- Provide troubleshooting and root cause analysis for production issues that are escalated to the C# engineering team.
- Work with development teams in an agile context as it relates to software development.
- Actively participate in daily code reviews.
- Mentor less experienced developers.
- Coordinate quarterly performance reviews with team members and organize annual goal settings sessions.
- Organize and execute on all meetings pertaining to the agile methodology.
- Inculcate values such as: shared vision, a customer focused mind-set, a product mind-set, a zero-defect mind-set, and a willingness to learn in all members of the team.
- 4 or more years’ experience as a key developer on enterprise projects.
- Experience developing applications in C# and .Net technologies as a Senior Software Engineer.
- Software development experience including: OOP, concurrency programming, design patterns, Visual Studio, WCF/Web API, RESTful service implementation, Service Oriented Architecture, Acceptance Testing, Transact-SQL and SQL Server.
- Experience creating cloud solutions.
- Knowledge of design patterns and their implementation.
- Any Agile or Lean Software Development experience such as Kanban, Scrum, Test Driven Development, and/or Extreme Programming methodologies.
- Experience using automated testing tools like xUnit, Gallio, RhinoMocks, Selenium and/or other test automation tools.
- Experience developing your own testing tools to facilitate testing is a plus.
- Experience with SaaS (Software as a Service) solutions.
- Experience helping others to design, write, conduct, and direct the development of tests.
- Positive team player attitude with excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Self-motivated and willing to “do what it takes” to get the job done.
- High degree of organizational skills.
We're looking for a Software Developer Team Lead, with a focus on “doing it right” rather than “getting it done”. We are seeking candidates that are excited about technology, are continually looking to improve their skills, and stay on top of current industry trends. Our developers, at all skill levels, are given the opportunity to participate in the design of applications and have a voice in our strategic direction. This is not a position for those who like to be handed a thick stack of requirements and be left to heads down coding. It is a position for those looking to be an active participant in the design and development of high quality software.
Flexible Work Hours
Work From Home
Free Legal Advice
Cognatus Platform Technologies is a subsidiary of Loop Platform, an Irish based software company established in 2016 that operates a Platform as a Service (PaaS) model.
Our network enables you to share and connect with associated parties or businesses in an instant. Once connected, parties can view updates concerning your service and communicate via Loops instant messaging service, ensuring that you build and foster longstanding and successful relationships with your consumers and vendors.